So, this Versatile Blogger Award came my way thanks to the wonderful Victoria Dougherty.
I regard this as a particular honour since I think her blog COLD really is amazing. [Here is a link to my post about her last year: http://writerchristophfischer.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/victoria-dougherty/]
Here’s what I’m supposed to do:
First, I’m supposed to tell you seven things about myself. Then I’m supposed to nominate fifteen other bloggers who I think are the best thing since Ćevapčići. It was hard to narrow it down to 15… 🙁
So, let’s get this show on the road.
And since Victoria used great pictures in the post where she tagged me, I am going to steal her brilliant idea and tell you a bit about myself in pictures:
1. This is the kind of place where I was born. Alpine scenery with a strong Catholic influence. Both mighty powers that can make you feel small in comparison.
2. These are my maternal grandparents and some of my mother’s siblings.
They lived opposite one of those churches and frequented said establishment almost daily. My grandfather had a heart condition and died at the age of 54. My grandmother bore him three more children before that happened and she lived for another forty years. I was the youngest but one of her grandchildren and although she was strict with her own children, I could do no wrong. 🙂
3. My grandmother and her offspring in the 1970s. Note my hair band and my leg in a cast. During a local football game I collected flowers for the winning team and decided to deliver them while the game was in its final moments. Suddenly the ball was at my feet and the result was a broken femur. Ouch.
4. I won’t lie to you: I like cheesy pop music. My first 45 was the German version of “TAKE THAT LOOK OF YOUR FACE” by Andrew Lloyd Webber, the first film I saw twice at the cinema was XANADU (It was boring but I loved the song). Here is me at a trashy European Music Festival. Feel free to unfriend me at this stage. I won’t blame you!
5. I love dogs. If you follow this blog at all this won’t be news to you but it felt like a good excuse for another dog picture. We called him Noah, now his name is Bertie and he is not buried alive but keeps a garden landscaper company. Me and my partner have three dogs and from three litters we rared 27 healthy gorgeous labradoodle puppies. Here is to litter 4! Superdog in the picture further down is Greta, Bertie’s auntie.
6. I love jigsaws and if each day had more hours I would be doing many more of them. I love the therapeutic effect of losing myself in a huge task, preferrably with music or a “Friends”-DVD playing in the background. It is also great if you have OCD and want a harmless outlet for it.
7. I have been to the Olympics. The synchronised swimming participants here were good sports to our mocking shower caps. Others were rather indignant when asked to have their picture taken with us. I don’t blame them either. It was a fun day out, though.
Now to the 15 bloggers:
I could nominate another 15 twice over, so a tough decision has been made and blogs that I previously tagged in such games were excluded. If I have forgotten your blog please forgive me.